Top Tips for Taking Amazing Photos on your iPhone

There's a whole new world evolving out there and it's all with the help of social media... Who needs an office job when you'...


There's a whole new world evolving out there and it's all with the help of social media... Who needs an office job when you've got thousands of followers on Instagram and get paid to promote brands?!

But to up your Instagram game you need to take good quality, interesting and pretty images, that's where I'm here to help! Trying to snap some pretty pics is harder than it looks.. It takes multiple shots, experimentation with lighting and a interesting subject. 

So here are my 'Top Tips' for Instagram Photo success! 


1. Lighting! - Well obviously this is key, but knowing what type of lighting is important! Natural Lighting is key for a good shot, so get your subject close to the window and turn off all the interior lights. Early morning is best for soft lighting, you don't want anything too harsh. 


2. Make use of the focus tools available.. iPhones are great for selecting particular areas to focus the image - this can give you a nice artistic look by blurring the background out. 


3. Topic - Make sure what you're photographing is well thought about and interesting - this is why I try not to take too many photos of my face! There's only so many reasons why I would take a photo of my face.. apart from my makeup being 'on fleek'.. But lets be honest.. that isn't every day! 


4. Back Drops hep a lot! If you're a avid blogger and flat lays are life.. you need to get some backdrops in your lives! These can really help freshen up your pics, because, lets be honest, not everyone has marble worktops in their house! 


5. And last but not least... Apps.. Apps are your friend to edit you pics. Not Face Tune and not Insta! But Visco Cam works a dream! And is the only app I go to for all my iPhone editing needs. 

Take a look at more of my Instagram picks here
Or check out my photography website at www.pipwass.co.uk 

I would love to hear if you've got any more iPhone photo tips, so feel free to comment below! 

Thanks for reading

Pip x 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images